The expectations of developing a close working relationship with people they work with, while maintaining a professional distance can be difficult and confusing for some professionals. This can be especially difficult when working with people who have cognitive and social deficits. This class is intended for direct-support staff as well as management staff to understand the professional limits that have to be set and followed to support those they are working with. In this training, the instructor will explore:
- the benefits of maintaining professional boundaries;
- the intended roles of human service staff;
- the downfalls of poor boundaries;
- guidelines for time and place boundaries;
- guidelines for communication boundaries;
- guidelines for touching boundaries;
- guidelines for financial boundaries; and
- guidelines for other miscellaneous boundaries;
About the Instructor:
Jason Hoffrogge, is the training director for Orion Associates, a human resources agency for companies working with people who have disabilities. Jason has over 20 years of experience in working with people who have disabilities in residential, vocational, and crisis settings. Jason has also been a part-time firefighter and first responder for the past 14 years.
We're sorry. Either an error occurred or the event(s) you were attempting to register for may no longer be open for registration.