Important Field Issues
This class covers some of the essential concepts of “best practices” in providing services to people with developmental disabilities. This class fulfills the some of the requirements that are needed for the orientation of newly-hired direct support staff.
- The principles of Person-Centered Thinking,
- Active treatment and teaching daily living skills,
- Promoting community integration and inclusion,
- Service recipient rights and staff responsibilities,
- Documentation skills, including incident reporting.
Jason Hoffrogge, is the training director for Orion Associates, a human resources agency for companies working with people who have disabilities. Jason has over 20 years of experience in working with people who have disabilities in residential, vocational, and crisis settings. He has been in his dream job of training direct support staff for nine years with Orion Associates.